Homework is an important part of the curriculum at Arnold Hill Spencer Academy. We want to support all students to complete homework and also ensure that parents and carers are informed about the content and when homework is set.
Assignments – Homework at Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
At Arnold Hill we use School Synergy, an online tool to help you keep track of your child’s homework. Synergy will allow you to see the details of the tasks your child has been set, as well as their submission status and grades. All home learning is recorded on Synergy as an assignment.
We hope that this service will provide you with a deeper insight into the homework your child receives. More importantly, we hope that it will improve your child’s organisation, time-management, and help them to keep on top of their workload.
- Access the portal here.
Once you have logged in, you will:
- Have 24/7 access
- Clearly see what is due and when
- View details, instructions and files
- Check grades of homework submitted
Students will continue to be rewarded with achievement points for handing in homework and extra effort for homework.
Students log in to Synergy using their school email address and their school computer password. If a student forgets their Arnold Hill login, this can be reset in school by the relevant Head of Year. The password cannot be changed outside of school.
The School Synergy Parent Guide can be viewed here
More information can also be found in these handy videos for students and parents…
Key Policy Facts
|Key Stage 3: Years 7, 8 and 9||One piece per faculty every two weeks – approximately 20-30 minutes per piece of work|
|Key Stage 4: Years 10 and 11||One piece per subject every two weeks – approximately 20-30 minutes per piece of work|
|Key Stage 5: Years 12 and 13||One piece per subject per week|
|Week 1||Week 2|
- Record submission status on Synergy as ‘submitted’
- Teachers will reward effort and submissions for completing assignments.
- All staff to mark the ‘submission status’ of homework on Synergy. Those students who receive a ‘not submitted’ will be logged and included in the regular report to subject leaders
- Subject leader receives report every two weeks for KS4 and 5
- Subject leader receives report every month for KS3 and every two weeks for English and Maths
- Class teachers are sent report by subject leader and then class teachers send a faculty letter home